Sunday, July 15, 2007

Snake River Stampede & Mrs. Washington

With Kristal Grimstead, Mrs. Washington America 2003
Mandi's roommate at Mrs. America and a judge for this year's Mrs. Washington

With the newly crowned Mrs. Washington America . . . Jennifer Adkisson

At Mrs. Washington America Pageant

With the local Rodeo Queens

Deanna, Me, Vicki, Jennifer

Deanna, me, Vicki, Jennifer Boals, Jennifer Peters

Mom and her little princess

The big moment!

McCall with Vicki Benson

On Stage Question
Future Miss America!

Ready for Competition!


What a weekend!!! Friday night McCall competed in her very first pageant & I was really proud of her! It was western themed (we are so NOT western people!) She had a 3 minute interview and an on-stage question. Then, the next morning we went back for the official crowning. She tied for 1st place but the tie-breaker was interview score and the other little girl scored higher in that category. She absolutely loved the experience and that's what it is all about!

I also attended the festivites as Mrs. Idaho America. It is always so much fun to be part of "hometown" events. Nampa is home to the Natioanal Snake River Stampede every year which draws cowboys (and cowgirls) from all over the country.

As soon as I was done with that event, Marc & I hopped in the car and headed off to Moses Lake, Washington for the Mrs. Washington America Pageant. It was fun to go see another state's competition and to get to meet the new winner. Both of us will be headed to Tucson in about 5 weeks! YEA!
PS Marc and I are celebrating our anniversary today! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who loves me and supports me in everything that I do. He is amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.