Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Extreme Makeover - - Home Edition

Two of the wonderful volunteers
Extreme Makeover Home Edition - - WOW!

The Stockdale's New Home!


Being interviewed on Channel 7

Corey Barton - - the man of the hour!

Two of the Designers - - Paige Hemmis & Eduardo Xol

Signing Autographs at the construction site

With a very happy (& tired) Corey Barton and Rhonda Conger

GREAT JOB CBH HOMES

Mrs. Idaho & Ty Pennington - - SCREAM

With Mandi, my director, and her daughter at the fundraiser

Great entertainment!

WOW!!! I had the most amazing day ever! I was a VIP guest at the filming of Extreme Makeover Home Edition. It was the hottest day ever and I was a complete sweaty mess after just an hour - - I can't even begin to imagine how all of the workers spent hours (day after day) in the heat. I was treated like royalty and was met by the crowd of spectators with such enthusiasm. I was signing autographs left and right (hard hats, shirts, arms - - you name it!) It was a ton of fun! Around 4:00 pm CBH Homes handed over the keys to Ty Pennington. I can't even begin to express what a wonderful experience it was to watch the community come together to support this wonderful family. The amount of donations are staggering and the committment by so many is just plain AWESOME!!! After spending the afternoon at the new house, I ran back home (30 minutes) showered, changed clothes and headed back to Middleton for the huge community fundraiser. Over 2,000 people showed up for food, dancing, silent auctions and entertainment. All of the proceeds go to the Stockdale family. I signed autograph cards until I ran out - - was interviewed by channel 7 - - and yes, got a few great photos! I am very blessed to have had the opportunity to associate with such great people today! I LOVE IDAHO!!!!

No comments: