Thursday, May 10, 2007

Komen Survivor Dinner

"Fill In" Emcee

My mom and I

BSU Athletic Director, Gene Bleymeir & Wife Danelle --Honorary "Race for the Cure" Chairmen
Guest Speaker - - Dr. Vincent Kituku

Mom & I with Brenda Williams, Survivor Dinner Chairman

With a very PINK survivor


Tonight was a GREAT night!!! My mom and I attended the Komen Survivor's Dinner at the Boise Center on the Grove. It was first class all the way. When we first walked in, there were trees lit up with pink lights - - so cool. Then, when we entered the main room there were probably 60+ round tables set to perfection! Every single chair was covered in a gorgeous, full-length satin cover with a hot pink organza bow tied around the back. There were lights hanging from the ceiling, centerpieces - - no detail was left untouched. Komen really knows how to throw a celebration!!! The silent auction tables were amazing - - you would not believe the generous donations. Several women (including myself) modeled clothing from Coldwater Creek and I loved mine so much that I bought it to take to Tucson!!! After a really nice dinner we were honored to hear from Dr. Vincent Kituku. When he was finished, the live auction began. It was so neat to see people dig deep into their pockets and support this great cause. Near the end of that, the emcee, Michelle Edmonds from Channel 6, told me that she had to get back to the station to broadcast the news and asked if I would finish out the evening. I was honored to do so! Congratulations to all of the survivors!!!

No comments: